Expand your career horizons with HellermannTyton
An environment that fosters innovation and supports a culture of entrepreneurship and partnership are critical to HellermannTyton's success.
What Do We Do?
The Group is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all existing and prospective employees without unlawful or unfair discrimination. Full support is given to the employment and advancement of disabled persons and this is reinforced through the Group's Ethics Policy.
What Are Our Values?
At HellermannTyton we aim to attract, retain and motivate the highest caliber of employees.
At HellermannTyton we value the contribution apprentices can make to the workplace. We run apprenticeship schemes in partnership with local colleges.
Our current Apprenticeship vacancies are listed below:
We have the below vacancies currently live, click on them to view the job description:
If you can't find a vacancy that is right for you just now, please
submit your CV to email@example.com and we will contact you if a suitable opportunity arises.
Or for Plymouth based vacancies please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting date: 11/04/2017
We currently have a permanent vacancy for a QC Lab Technician based at Manchester, reporting to Alex Gibbons (QC Manager).
Product Approval Testing Support
· Testing for tool trials/ material trials for new product development.
· Visual examination of product to ensure conformance.
· Initial product trial/dimensional and functional testing.
· Preparation of reports to ensure PPAP preparation is minimised.
Goods Inward Inspection & Materials Test
· Inspection and measurement of raw materials in accordance with inspection plans. Release into production.
· Materials testing of raw material, including, Moisture, Relative Viscosity and MFI.
· Dock Audits.
· Collection and testing of samples for routine scheduled product tests.
· Testing potentially faulty parts as required.
· Completing Annual Layouts as required by schedule in timely manner.
· Checking retained parts (moisture + tensile etc.)
· Testing tools after repair.
· Defect analysis and problem investigation.
Reporting and data analysis
· Collation of data for each sample/ sequence
· Storage of data to allow retrieval
· Reporting of data as required.
· Presentation of data as required.
The successful candidate will need to possess the following:
· Good communication skills – both verbal and written.
· Experience in use of MS Office (Excel and Word)
· 5 GCSE or equivalent at grade C or above; including Math’s and English at grade B or above)
· Lab Testing Experience, Specifically Tensile Test Equipment
If you are interested in this position, please forward your CV and covering letter to
Jennifer Hayward, HR Manager to email@example.com by
Monday 19th April 2017
Continuous Improvement Manager - Plymouth
Starting date: 13/03/2017
We have an exciting opportunity for a proactive and experienced leader to drive and develop continuous improvement and best practice initiatives across our Plymouth site’s operational activities.
You will lead and develop a group of Production Engineers and Maintenance Engineers to ensure that we are optimising our processes to increase productivity and yields whilst reducing costs. You will be required to justify spends and prepare Capex proposals for investments.
With experience of applying CI tools and techniques, you will identify and report on relevant activities, creating a framework that can be used to implement improvements.
- A team player you will also be required to facilitate CI Meetings with Production Operators on a regular basis.
- Educated to HNC / HND or equivalent in Engineering.
- You will have proven success of implementing and embedding change within a manufacturing environment. You will be accustomed to optimising processes and working to budget restraints.
- A motivated leader, you will have a background of managing a high performance team and will be able to influence people to ensure improvements are successfully implemented.
- IT literate, you will be able to quickly learn new systems and be adaptable to sudden changes in the daily priorities.
- Although not essential, it would be desirable if you have a Lean Manufacturing qualification.
If you require further information please contact HR-enquiries@Hellermanntyton.co.uk. or if you would like to apply for this position please forward your CV and a supporting letter to the e mail address below.