Starting date: 02/02/2017
Days x 2 Vacancies Team C – 07.00am to 19.00pm - 3 on, 3 off.
Days x 2 Vacancies
Team C – 07.00am to 19.00pm - 3 on, 3 off.
· Machine minding in Bays 1 & 2 and Auto cell:
o Respond promptly to any machine stoppages / alarms in order to minimise downtime and impact on production.
o To be vigilant throughout the shift to prevent and rectify any problems i.e. bag sealer faults
o Following training troubleshoot and rectify minor problems on the automated packaging equipment – liaise with setters / maintenance where necessary
o Following training stop and re-start machines following any minor problems ensuring process is stable and parts produced are in line with the relevant quality standards
· Adopting a work ethic of ‘clean as you go’ to ensure specified housekeeping standards are met
· Complete all documentation relevant to the position and ensure information recorded is correct
· Check that the information situated on the lectern corresponds with the works order and raise any discrepancies with the manager / supervisor
· Ensure all quality requirements are fulfilled i.e. attribute charts, quality checks and report any faults or quality problems to the correct Personnel as soon as possible
· Effectively manage your time to ensure tubs are emptied regularly to prevent the build up of products and the late discovery of faults
· Correctly label all finished product in accordance with departmental requirements to ensure traceability
· Ensure all consumables are labelled, sufficient to ensure production needs are met and not interrupted.
· Complete the daily check sheet and return to the Shift Manager or supervisor at the end of the shift.
· To sort waste product into the correct tote boxes and ensure that it is visually checked by a manager or supervisor, before scrapping
Experience of working in a high volume production environment (plastic injection moulding experience would be an advantage) – essential
Knowledge of lean manufacturing would be a distinct advantage
Previous experience of shift work, including weekends / nights as part of a roster.
Demonstrable experience of performing routine repetitive tasks with patience, good humour and attention to detail.
Literate and numerate
Possession of any of the following - a current first aid/fire marshal certificate would be a distinct advantage
Workplace health and safety awareness and manual handling experience is also desirable
Flexible approach to working hours – there will be the requirement to work overtime
If you are interested one of these positions please contact Jane Kenyon, HR Administrator to request an application form at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not be accepting CV’s and cover letters for these vacancies, only fully-completed application forms.
Deadline for applications will be 5.00pm on Sunday 19th February 2017.