Starting date: 21/09/2015
Due to a member of the department leaving, we currently have a vacancy for a Senior Payroll & Cash Management Administrator based at our Manchester site, reporting to Dave Garner, Accounts Manager.
To ensure the Company Payroll function is performed to strict weekly, monthly and annual deadlines. The post holder will run payroll for approximately 500 staff on monthly and weekly payrolls. The person must have an eye for detail, a good working knowledge of Excel and an appetite for making improvements.
· Process weekly and monthly payrolls and arrange and send, after manager’s authorisation, and process payment.
· Set up payroll for all UK operational sites, including for new starters and process leavers and send relevant reports to HMRC eg. P45 Leavers and P46.
· Perform all file maintenance e.g. salary changes, addresses, tax code changes, pensions, court orders, CSA deductions.
· Process and calculate sick pay manually, e.g. SSP and company sick pay, maternity and paternity pay before interface.
· Liaise with HR, Managers and employees on various payroll queries and issues across all UK sites.
· Input payments, deductions, bonuses, salary changes, etc.
· Balance payroll for all payments and deductions by running Gross to Net Program on JBA system and compare with own manual spreadsheet while respecting payroll deadlines.
· Perform ad hoc manual Gross to Net calculations for a sample of employees.
· Annually, issue P60s and P11D’s.
· Updating benefits eg. cars and private medical insurance and send to relevant employees and HMRC.
· As a Time and Attendance Super User, provide T&A and payroll management support, advice and training for all UK sites.
· Provide absence cover for the UK Accounts Office Manager in specific areas of T&A and payroll.
· Cash management administration.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and non-verbal).
· Substantial payroll administration experience and knowledge of best practice, CIPP qualification preferred.
· Attention to detail, continually achieving work of a high standard.
· Self-motivated and able to use own initiative to solve problems.
· Good PC skills, particularly Microsoft Office and Excel.
· Good general office skills.
· Excellent telephone manner – able to deal with all customers in a professional and polite manner.
· A reliable and hardworking individual who is willing and flexible to help the department and team.
· Excellent organisational skills – ability to prioritise tasks in order to meet individual and team objectives and deadlines.
· Must be willing to work overtime if required.
If you are interested in this position and for a full job description, please forward your CV and covering letter to Jennifer Hayward, HR Manager, (email@example.com) by Friday 2nd October 2015