Prospects for the future
Area Sales Manager - North West/North East UK Sales
Start date: 25/11/2013
Leading cable management specialist HellermannTyton is looking to recruit an Area Sales Manager.
We currently have a vacancy for an ASM to join our team covering the North West/North East UK sales territory. This position is a field based role.
- Managing our distribution customers within the defined sales terriroty (Durham, North Yorkshire, Lancashire, Cheshire, North Wales, Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire and Derbyshire).
- Identify and exploit sales opportunities within our existing accounts.
- Identify, target and convert potential clients into new acocunts.
- Ensure Hellermanntyton has a good network of electrical wholesale stockists within the sales territory.
- Target major construction projects and major electrical contractors in order to generate 'pull through' sales at our key distributors.
- Implement HellermannTyton's distribution strategy.
- Achieve sales targets and deliver substantial year on year sales growth.
- Provide support and conduct demos, training and installation for our TIPS system -
(Thermal Identificaiton Printing System).
- In conjunction with Industry managers, report on activities and potential industry focused business.
The successful candidate will possess demonstrable experience and achievements within a field bases role. Equally important will be the ability to demonstrate the successful achievement of targets and objectives that have been set in your previous or current role.
- Positive 'can-do' attitude - able to remain calm under pressure and put forward logical arguments.
- Ability to analyse sales data and use it as an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills - able to quickly build effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
- A team player - able to integrate well at all levels and support team objectives.
- Resilient - determined to achieve even in the face of adversity.
- Self motivated - demonstrates the initiative to seek out new opportunities and improvements
without detailed instruction.
- Excellent planning and implementation skills - the ability to identify and focus on priorities.
- First class negotiation skills - able to effectively bring a sale to a close and achieve win-win outcomes.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your CV and covering letter to Katy Kershaw, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 6th December 2013.