Wire Connectors HelaCon – for professional cable connections
Wire Connectors HelaCon – for a fast, easy and reliable connection
The range of HelaCon wire connectors are used for fast, easy and reliable connection and distribution of cable and conductors in electrical housing applications. They may be used within a typical range of housing voltage up to 450 volts. A huge variety of input poles allows high flexibility in application depending on the number of wire conductors and available space.
Cross-sections of up to 2.5 mm² can conveniently be processed and allow the use of thicker conductors when a voltage drop occurs.
The way of cable distribution and branch connections varies from country to country due to the different types of wires, diameters, colours, junction boxes and mounting systems in use.
No matter how distinct the individual requirements are – the HelaCon wire connectors offer the best solution for every task – worldwide.
Different colour codes help to easily differentiate the sizes of the wire connectors. All cable entries are in a row on one side. A separate voltage test entry on the front guarantees safety during application, installation and maintenance. Any conductor with cross-sections between 0.5 and 2.5 mm² can be used at the same time, without impact on the adjacent connection.
Being compact in size HelaCon wire connectors, which are push-in, fit perfectly in tight spaces and can generally be used in all kinds of junction boxes either on-wall or flush-mounted.
The new HelaCon Mini push in wire connectors are 40% smaller offering a space saving design.
Wire Connectors HelaCon Easy
Features and Benefits
The HelaCon Easy range of wire connectors which are push in, are used for fast, easy and reliable connection and distribution of conductors in electrical installations. They are designed for use in a typical range of housing voltage up to 450 volts.
A huge variety of input poles allows high flexibility in application depending on the number of wire conductors and available space. Diameters of up to 2.5 mm² can conveniently be processed and allow the use of thicker conductors when a voltage group occurs.
Features and Benefits:
- Fast, easy and reliable push-in wire connectors
- For connection and distribution of conductors in electrical housing
- Use typical range of voltages up to 450 volts
- Variety of input poles for flexible application
- Material Polyamide (PA)
- Flammability: UL94 V2
- Specifications: ENEC, FIMKO, VDE, CEBEC, cULuS, ENEC, FIMKO, KEMA-KEUR
- Conductor sizes of 0.5 up to 1.5mm2 and 1.0 up to 2.5mm2
Being compact in size they fit perfectly in tight spaces and can generally be used in all kinds of junction boxes either on-wall or flush-mounted.
The HelaCon Easy wire connectors are exclusively designed for use with solid wire up to a diameter range of 2.5 mm². Not suitable for bent, stranded or fine-stranded wire conductors.
How to use
- Make sure that power is turned off before installation
- Use solid copper conductors only
- Strip them off approximately 11 mm
- Insert them completely into the wire connector
- Use voltage tester via separate test entry
- To change or correct a wire, hold and twist it alternatively left and right while pulling the wire connector
Wire Connectors HelaCon Plus Mini
HelaCon Plus Mini wire connectors are a sophisticated range of wire connectors that are push-in and used for professional cable connections in electrical housing applications. The newly developed double spring allows easy processing and will support installers especially in difficult situations like overhead work. This ensures proper fixing that can optically be checked through the transparent housing.
Different colour codes provide a comfortable identification of the different wire connectors. A separate voltage test entry on the front guarantees safety during application, installation and maintenance.
Features and Benefits:
- Wire connectors are 40% smaller - offering a space saving
- Low insertion force - easy to use, saves time on installation
- For professional cable connections in electrical installations
- Easy access to voltage test entry and innovative port shape design
- Correct installation can be visually checked through the transparent housing of the wire connector
- Different colour codes for easy identification of size
- Allows different conductor for diameters in each entry
- Safe application, installation and maintenance
- Material: Polycarbonate (PC)
- Flammability: UL94VO
HCPM2 - 2 conductors Yellow in colour (YE)
HCPM3 - 3 conductors Orange in colour (OF)
HCPM4 - 4 conductors Transparent in colour (CL)
HCPM5 - 5 conductors Blue in colour (BU)
HCPM6 - 6 conductors Violet in colour (VT)
HCPM8 - 8 conductors Black in colour (BK)
The HelaCon push-in wire connectors are used for fast, easy and reliable connection and distribution of cable and conductors in the field of electrical installation.
The wire connectors can be used in all kinds of junction boxes either on-wall or flush-mounted.
HelaCon Plus Mini offers the best possible solution when convenient processing and maximum safety is required.
How to use
• Do not work under load
• Use only solid and stranded copper conductors
• Strip length 11 mm
• Push-in the full stripped length into the wire connector – check the connection through the transparent housing
• Use easy access voltage test entry at the rear side
• Disconnecting the wire: Hold the wire and twist the wire connector to the left and to the right
Picture 1: The double spring allows easy push-in of the conductor.
Picture 2: A separate test entry on the rear side allows the use of a voltage meter.
Picture 3: Solid wires 0.5 - 2.5 mm²
Picture 4: Stranded wires 1.0 - 2.5 mm²
Picture 5: Not for flexible wires suitable
Wire Connectors HelaCon Lux
A typical application for this range of wire connectors is lighting installation, where the solid conductor from concealed cabling has to be connected to a flexible conductor for lighting. The 2/1 variant allows the looping through of the supply lines for additional devices.
The conductor on the output/lighting side can easily be inserted by pressing the locking mechanism and can be released in the same way at any time. The lighting side can carry any kind of conductor and makes HelaCon Lux wire connectors also useful to connect devices that carry flexible connecting cables like control devices e.g. for blinds, fans and other drives.
Features and Benefits
- Best suitable to connect solid with flexible wire
- Combines push-in connector with lock/unlock spring mechanism
- For fine-stranded conductors at lighting input
- Use with typical voltage current of 450 V / 24 A
- Either one or two inputs for solid conductor on installation side
- Very flexible application
- Tool-free application for easy, time-saving, safe connection
- Especially for overhead work and when wires are difficult to access
- Material: Polyamide (PA)
- Flammability: UL94 V2
Advantages of wire connectors HelaCon Plus Mini
Wire Connectors: Working with clear visibility
Screwless wire connectors in the field of house installations are used countless times every day. Although this is routine installation work, it requires a lot of diligence.
A tight and secure fitting is indispensable for a failure-free, long-life operation. Careless work may otherwise result in damage and overheating, in the worst case causing a hazardous situation like a fire.
The transparent housing of the new HelaCon Plus Mini wire connector series allows a fast and easy optical control of whether the conductor fits to the catch. This is a non-negligible safety factor and will expedite acceptance tests of the complete electrical installation.
Wire connectors: Different wire types and cross-sections
The low push-in forces due to the latest double spring technology enables the use of single- and multicore conductors.
The free fixing of each double spring allows the concurrent use of various conductor cross-sections between 0.5 and 2.5 mm² within one connector without impact on the adjacent connection.
Please note that HelaCon Plus Mini is not designed for fine-stranded wires.
Heat shrink moulded shapes by HellermannTyton
Heat shrink moulded shapes by HellermannTyton combine the advantages of quick, easy installation with high electric strength, mechanical toughness and superior chemical and environmental resistance.
Cable Repair Kit LVRK
The cable repair kit LVRK allows a quick and safe repair of damaged cables and wires, post termination.
A world of innovation! The new Product Catalogue 2019/2020
HellermannTyton offers a wide range of solutions that make every electrical installation easier, safer and quicker: electrical tapes, wire connectors, cable rods and downlight covers ...
STAENG Cable Harness Solutions
STAENG Cable Harnesses is a division of HellermannTyton and are a specialist cable harness manufacturer with the capability to design, develop, manufacture, test and repair a wide range of cable harness sytems and assemblies.
With the downlight covers SpotClip HellermannTyton provides a unique and innovative range of products for the safe and easy installation of downlights.
Markets & Industries: Aerospace Industry
HellermannTyton is certified according to EN 9100 and therefore fulfils the exceptionally high quality standards of the aerospace industry. Clips and marker products play a crucial role in achieving efficient, optimised workflows. Main focus is laid on • Temperature resistance • Extreme mechanical stress • Optimisation of weight