HellermannTyton Limited, Griffin House, 135 High Street, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 1DQ (hereinafter referred to as: “HellermannTyton” or “we”) is delighted that you are visiting our website. Data protection and data security are very important for us. We are therefore committed to protecting your private sphere and to treating your data in strict confidence.
We would like to inform you what personal data we record, the purpose for which it is used, to whom we transfer it if necessary and whom you can contact if you have any queries.
HellermannTyton Limited, Griffin House, 135 High Street, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 1DQ is the data controller for your personal data and hence responsible for the processing of your personal data in accordance with the applicable data protection laws and provisions (in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulations “GDPR”).
If you are a customer, supplier, employee or consultant, please additionally follow the corresponding link:
Website data protection
You can use the majority of our web presence without providing your data. When and to what extent we record and process personal data while you are using our website is described in the following.
For reasons of system security and to prevent any misuse when you access our website, protocols (log files) are stored on our servers, which contain the following data in particular:
- Remote IP address
- Remote user (only for protected areas)
- Local time
- Request (requested URL)
- HTTP status code
- Number of bytes transmitted
- Referring page (referrer)
- Client ID (user agent)
The stored log files are anonymised and, provided there is no suspicion of interference or misuse, deleted after seven days.
We process and store your personal data on the legal basis of a legitimate interest. Our legitimate interests include the management of our website and maintaining the availability and function of the website.
If you wish to use our contact form, you must enter your contact information. Required fields are first name, surname, address, telephone number and e-mail address. This data is used by us only and exclusively to the extent required to make contact with you and supply you with the required information.
If you register for our newsletter, we will use your e-mail address to supply you with additional information on products and services that might be of interest to you. After registration, we will send a confirmation link to the e-mail you have entered. Not until you have clicked on this confirmation link will you receive our newsletter.
If you no longer wish to receive the newsletter, you can unsubscribe from the newsletter whenever you wish. To do this, simply click on the unsubscribe link, which is present in each of our newsletters or use the form at http://www.hellermanntyton.co.uk/newsletter
After doing this, you will not receive any further newsletters from us.
Data transfer to third parties
If it is necessary for the processing of personal data, we transfer your personal data to other companies within the corporate group (LINK) or to external sites. These also include companies outside of the European Union or the European Economic Area. We do of course ensure that the data recipients offer a sufficient guarantee that the data will be used lawfully and securely and that they are contractually obliged to observe the statutory regulations.
If you actively decide to use functions of social networks offered on our website, personal data will be transferred to the respective external suppliers of these social networks. You will find further information on this in the following section.
Furthermore, we reserve the right to transfer personal data to third parties if we are forced to do so by law, judicial decision of the responsible court or decision by the relevant public authority or if we are compelled by actions or omissions on your part to have our rights, property or assets protected or asserted by relevant public authorities.
We use social plug-ins from various social networks on our website. These plug-ins are functions of the respective social networks via which you are able, for example, to share the contents of our website with your contacts in the social networks or recommend these contents to others. The social plug-ins can be recognized by the logo of the respective social network.
We use social plug-ins from the following operators of social networks.
- Facebook: Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
- Google+: Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043,USA
- Twitter: Twitter Inc., Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107,USA
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA
- Xing: XING SE, Dammtorsrasse 30, 20354 Hamburg, Germany
- Instagram: 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
All social plug-ins are deactivated on our website as a default setting so that no data will be transmitted to the providers of the social networks by calling up our website. If you activate an initially deactivated social plug-in and use the functionality of the corresponding social networks, you explicitly give your consent that data will be transferred to the operator of the social network from this point onwards. We have no influence on the extent of the data captured in this way by the providers of the social networks.
According to our knowledge, the following data is transmitted.
- IP address
- User identification if you are registered with the corresponding service
- Previously visited page (referrer) if you have followed a link
- Type and settings of browser
- Installed plug-ins such as Adobe® Flash® or Adobe® Reader®
- URL of the page on which the social plug-in is integrated
- The date and time of the visit
- Technical data of the operating system
- Site related information
Through incorporation of the social plug-ins, the operators of the social networks receive the information that you have retrieved the respective pages of our Internet presence. If you are simultaneously logged into one of the social networks, the operator will be able to allocate the pages called up to your account with the respective social network. If, in addition to this, you interact with the social plug-ins, e.g. click on the “Like” button for Facebook, the corresponding information will be transmitted to the respective social network.
Even if you are not a member of the social networks named, there is a possibility that they will detect and save your IP address via the social plug-in. Please consult the data protection notes of the social networks for details of the purpose and extent of data processing, acquisition and use by the social networks and on your rights and setting options in this respect.
- for Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/policy.php
- for Google+ at: http://www.google.com/intl/de_de/+/policy/+1button.html
- for Twitter at: www.twitter.com/privacy
- for LinkedIn at: http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- for Xing unter: https://privacy.xing.com/de/datenschutzerklaerung
- for Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388
If you wish, you can permanently activate the social plug-ins of one or more providers. In this case, data will be permanently transmitted to the provider of the social network as soon as you open a page. You can deactivate individual or even all social plug-ins at any time.
Furthermore, you may also be able to stop data transmission to social networks by technical means. To do this, adjust the security settings in the web browser you are using. Please refer to the “Help” section in your web browser.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer. Most of the cookies that we use are deleted from your hard disk at the end of the browser session (so-called session cookies). Other cookies remain on your computer and enable us to recognize your computer on your next visit (so-called long-term cookies). In addition, cookies from the third-party providers are also used on our website.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser. However, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website.
If you do not want our cookies to be stored on your computer, please disable the storage of cookies from our website in your browser or adjust your browser so that cookies are generally not stored on your computer. Any already stored cookies can also be deleted in your browser.
The following categories of cookies are used on our website:
To facilitate browsing on our website, we make use of what are known as session cookies. Their purpose is to enable our server to recognize you or your computer/browser as the same visitor despite a possible interim change in IP address. These session cookies enable several connected requests from a user to be allocated to one session. The session cookie is only valid until the end of a session. It is automatically deleted when you close the browser.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will generally be transmitted to and stored by servers operated by Google in the United States.
We employ Google Analytics exclusively with the extension “_anonymizeIp” for IP anonymization, which ensures that your IP address is truncated prior to transmission by Google within the European Union / European Economic Area in order to prevent it being linked to a particular individual. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there.
Google will use this information on our behalf for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website in order to compile reports on website activity for us and to provide us with other services relating to website activity and Internet usage. The IP address transferred by your browser to Google Analytics will not be combined with other data from Google.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings for your browser. However, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website.
Furthermore, you can prevent the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) from being captured and processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link:
As an alternative you can click on this link. An opt-out cookie will be set that will prevent the future acquisition of your data by Google Analytics.
Services from third-party providers are also incorporated into our website. With respect to these services, use of personal data takes place by the providers named below, who do not fall within the area of responsibility of the provider of this website.
Our online presence includes videos from the external platform YouTube. The platform is operated by YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA.
If you call up a website on our Internet presence that contains YouTube videos, your browser will establish a direction connection with the YouTube servers. YouTube will transfer the video directly to your browser and incorporate it into the website. Consequently, we have no influence on the scope of the data captured by YouTube via this method.
You can find information on the purpose and extent of data acquisition as well as how the data is processed further and used by YouTube, together with your rights and optional settings to protect your private sphere, in the data protection notes of YouTube:
Furthermore, our web presence also uses Google Maps on a number of subpages to display interactive maps and create route maps.
Google Maps is a cartographic service from Google Inc. (hereinafter referred to as: “Google”), 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, California 94043, USA. Using Google Maps may lead to information on the use of this website, including your IP address and the (starting) address used within the scope of the route planning function being transferred to Google in the USA.
If you call up a website from our Internet presence that contains Google Maps, your browser will establish a direction connection with the Google servers. Google will transfer the map contents directly to your browser and incorporate them into the website. Consequently, we have no influence on the scope of the data captured by Google via this method.
According to our knowledge, this involves at least the following data:
- Date and time of the visit to the web page concerned.
- Internet address or URL of the web page retrieved
- IP address
- The (starting) address entered during the route planning operation
We have no influence on the further processing and use of the data by Google and cannot assume responsibility for this.
You can find information on the purpose and extent of data acquisition as well as how the data is processed and used by Google, together with your rights and optional settings to protect your private sphere, in the data protection notes of Google:
Hyperlinks to external websites
Our website contains hyperlinks to websites of other providers. When clicking on these links, you will be transferred from our website directly to the website of other providers. The change in the URL amongst other factors will help you to recognize this.
We cannot accept any responsibility for the confidential handling of your data by these providers on such external websites, as we have no influence on whether these other providers adhere to the data protection provisions. You should therefore directly consult the information contained in the privacy statement for the website of the respective provider.
Protection of your data
Whenever we acquire personal data, we or our processors store such data on specially protected servers. Access is restricted to a limited number of authorized personnel, who are involved with the technical commercial or editorial support.
To avoid any loss or misuse of the data, we take extensive technical and organizational precautions, which undergo regular auditing and adaptation to technical progress.
However, we wish to point out that the structure of the Internet means that the regulations of data protection and data security may not be observed by other persons or institutions that do not lie within our area of responsibility.
Your rights as data subject
- Right of access (Art. 15 GDPR): You can request information at any time on whether and which personal data is being used by us, for what purposes the processing is taking place, where the data originates from, to which recipients the data is transferred if necessary and how long such data is stored by us.
- Right to rectification (Art. 16 GDPR): If you see that personal data concerning you is incorrect, you can demand that such data be rectified at any time. Where in your view data is incomplete, you can also demand that data should be completed.
- Right to erasure (Art. 17 GDPR): If, in your opinion, the use of your personal data is no longer necessary or is taking place without sufficient legitimate basis or is unlawful for other reasons, you can demand for this data to be erased.
- Right to restriction of processing (Art 18 GDPR): Instead of the erasure of data, you can also demand the processing of your data to be restricted if data is being processed unlawfully. In particular, you can also demand such a restriction of processing when you contest the accuracy of data or you have objected to use of the data.
- Right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR): With respect to personal data that you have provided yourself and which are being used on the basis of a contract or consent, you can demand for this data to be made available to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You can also demand for this data to be transferred directly to another controller.
- Right to object (Art 21 GDPR): If grounds arise relating to your particular situation that render use of your personal data that we process on the basis of a balancing of interests impermissible, you have the right to object to such use of the data. If your personal data are used for direct marketing, you do in any case have a right to object.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (Art. 77 GDPR): If in your opinion, your rights relating to the personal data concerning you have been infringed, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In particular, you may contact the supervisory authority responsible for your place of residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
To send us an enquiry relating to your data, please complete the following request form:
Please send the completed form by post or e-mail to our data protection manager:
Tel.: +44 (0)1293 608905
HellermannTyton Limited, Griffin House, 135 High Street, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 1DQ
Please remember to attach documents that enable your identity to be verified.