iD Active is a comprehensive, standards based, Intelligent Infrastructure Management Solution offering unique end to end visibility and control. The software solution is arguably the most intuitive, most flexible and configurable portable solution of its kind.
It can be coupled with intelligent microcontroller based patch panels and controllers, resulting in 100% connectivity accuracy. The complete iD solution will tracks, alerts and documents enterprise networks in real time.
The Coolport Bus Manager distributes the communications bus to and from all iD Active Patch Panels and the respective Closet Controller. The compact design of the Coolport Bus Manager allows it to be located anywhere inside rack of even the most compact cabinets.
Features and Benefits
Coupled with the iD software, all of the following features are available with iD Active:
• Automatic, real-time detection of all connections and disconnections • Manageable, step by step MAC’s (Moves, Adds and Changes)
• I ntuitive guidance and instruction with handheld PDA, backlit LCD • display and LED indications • Enhanced security features, responsive configurable alarms and event management • 100% accurate, real-time visibility of assets and their utilisation • Configurable user access, central database with remote access • Cost and time saving, fewer errors, manage change with no paperwork
• Support for an unlimited number of ports including remote sites • Automatic mapping of the iD Active hardware • Ability to start work even before the database is prepared • Simple topology and easy to deploy • Suit consolidated and distributed communication rooms due to modular and scaleable architecture • True end to end connectivity management iD Active offers the following benefits:
• Managing MAC’s (Move’s, Add’s and Changes) – Schedule work, delegate jobs, track status and manage time and resource effectively - zero paperwork • Improved Network Availability – Fault find, troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure issues effectively
• Increased Network Security – Track changes as they occur, configure event driven alerts and control services, specifically for your infrastructure • Disaster Recovery – Retain last known state of all connections, data and assets • Utilisation & Tracking of Assets
– Regardless of manufacturer, location or value • Auditing – Quick and simple methods of verifying connection information and data documentation